Friday, September 17, 2010

A Fine Spring Day

Standing left to right : Molly K. Lowe, Jen L. Gardner, Ida K. Jensen, Martha W. Kennington. Seated: Mary C. Lowe.

At family get together - two sisters, a sister in law, and two nieces - perhaps somewhere on the west side of the valley? My guess on the date is sometime around 1918 when Jen became a Gardner and Mary Call became a Lowe. Martha would have been married about 5 years.

I have a cute story on Jen. When she was elderly and in the care facility in Afton, we visited. She was questioning why she was still there, why she couldn't pass on. I patted her hand and said, "Well Jen, it's probably your genes." She gave me a look and said, "Jeans? Jeans? I can still fit in my Jeans!"
Jen was quite the character. Von told me about her sitting on her porch shooting the coyotes off the hill behind her house as an old woman. That's spunk!

No comments: